cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

SUPERFAST FIBRE PLUS disconnecting all the time -.-

Second forum post about the same problem but things have changed somewhat. 

For the past year or more now I keep getting disconnected from the internet, it happens randomly throught the day and night. These disconnects can range between a few seconds to several minuets, worst of them requires a equipment restart. 

I have phoned BT custoner services so many times that they have pushed me onto the other support number which is 0800 111 4567.  Everytime I call they can't find a problem, and because of the past problems I an not using a BT Homehub and never will again. 

I am using a Netgear XR500 router connected to a Netgear DM200 Moden, they are both configured correctly and at the time of writing my speed are as follows - Ping 17 ms / Download 62.88 Mbps / Upload 17.83 Mbps.

As you can see my connection is great when it works, I have had a Openreach enginer come out and tell me there is 0% anything wrong with my homse, my qeuipment or the line it is PERFECT. 

Yet still i keep getting disconnected and still i keep ringing BT who can't detect or find any faults in my area or with my line. I have also told support that It doesn't matter what Hub I use, BT- Asus- Netgear they all disconnect because the problem has nothing to do with what i use or my home. 

The problem has to be with BT somewhere but no one in support wants to do more than the standard tests. At best they even got a wholesale enginerer involved who didn't turn up to my home but i suspent looked elsewhere to an issue ..still not fixed. 

I am in an 18month contract with BT and this service is not acceptable. They can see on there records I have had 10 yes 10 disconnects in one day, they can see i have a problem but they don't even know what to do :S 

Any surgestions on what other actions I have avalible ?  Because if BT keep messing around I will have to report this ofcom because no one seams to want to actually look into my problem. 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Tyllere
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 18

Re: SUPERFAST FIBRE PLUS disconnecting all the time -.-

Has this only been happening with the XR500?
0 Ratings
Aaron111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

@Tyllerewrote:
Has this only been happening with the XR500?

Nope it has happened with the Hub5 and Hub 6 with and without an openreach modem and also an Asus router. 

doesn't matter what I use the connection still drops, but on rare ocasions when the connection will drop for about 15-30 mins my DM200 modem will show no DSL light meaning its not getting anything from the master socket.

This also happen with the openreach modem and the Hub5-6, The engineer who came out changed the mastersocket from an Openreach Mk3 to the Mk5c ( just incase) but nothing has changed. 

Just more evidence to surgest the issue is somewhere outside my home, sadly the engineer also checked the cabinet and still nothing has improved. 

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 4 of 18

@Aaron111

At the moment it maybe a case of keeping a log (say in Notepad) of everytime the connection drops and for how long - ie Date/Time/Length, and then taking it up with BT Support or indeed here with the help of a Moderator. 

Few possibly related questions (just to eliminate), are you using the Master Socket (the 5c) ?  Have you any noise on the line (using a corded phone and dialling 17070) ?

The speed looks good, but clearly it shouldn't keep disconnecting. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aaron111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

@CJT80wrote:

@Aaron111

At the moment it maybe a case of keeping a log (say in Notepad) of everytime the connection drops and for how long - ie Date/Time/Length, and then taking it up with BT Support or indeed here with the help of a Moderator. 

Few possibly related questions (just to eliminate), are you using the Master Socket (the 5c) ?  Have you any noise on the line (using a corded phone and dialling 17070) ?

The speed looks good, but clearly it shouldn't keep disconnecting. 

I have tried keeping records the best I can and told BT support on the number and duration of these cut offs. The problem is for the most part unless I am using a BT Homehub they always say there is not much they can do to check anything, although a few of the people on the support line have said there records are showing I am being disconnected a lot. 

I have done a line test and so have BT support every time I ring and the line is perfectly clear, also the engineer plugged himself into the master socket and his machine shows a perfect line nothing wrong at all. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

really surprised that with the number of disconnections you describe that your noise margin is not far higher, your speed far lower and connection in banded profile.  all of which would be the normal action by DLM to try and stabilse your connection

it may be beneficial to switch back to the HH5/HH6 until you can get the problem resolved and that way BT cannot use excuse of not their equipment

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aaron111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

@imjollywrote:

really surprised that with the number of disconnections you describe that your noise margin is not far higher, your speed far lower and connection in banded profile.  all of which would be the normal action by DLM to try and stabilse your connection

it may be beneficial to switch back to the HH5/HH6 until you can get the problem resolved and that way BT cannot use excuse of not their equipment

Indeed it is something the engineer couldn't inderstand, with such a perfect line how can i get so many disconnections. 

Just looking on my current faults and it might have complained enough to get some action. : 

Mon 16 Jul 09:59
Broadband Problem
Further diagnostic tests began at the time and date shown to find the problem with your broadband. Once we know more we will contact you using your contact details above and once we have fixed your problem you will see an update on this page. Thanks for your patience

I really really hope this means they are actually checking everything to find the problem. I can't keep going back and forward between my equipment to the HH6, my netgear setup cost over £300 and it is so much better than BT hub.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

as I said I think it might be beneficial to use the hub until you get problems solved and then move back to netgear  that way BT cannot say it is your third party devices that are the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
paxy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Hi - Did you get anywhere?  I am having a similar problem to that which you describe.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

@paxy

I would start your own thread no post stats from your router and also enter your phone number and post results. Remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

0 Ratings