cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAPPER
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

SUPERFAST FIBRE UNLIMITED. VERY SLOW

Hello. A week ago BT offered me free upgrade from Broadband Unlimited to Superfast Fibre Unlimited. I accepted, installed new Smart Hub and BT activated new service on 30 Dec, with their estimated download speed 26-38Mbps, minimum guaranteed 22 Mbps. Have tested speed several times since then and is steady at 19.3 to 19.6 ie much slower than "promised" and only marginally better than Broadband Unlimited ( about 13 Mbps).

I have used BT Chat to raise this issue twice. First they said reset Smart Hub and wait 24 hours to see improvement-no improvement. Second time they said will take 10 days to settle - no sign of any improvement. Havve logged formal complaint - no response.

Any advice please. Have checked my wiring and filters but no issues identified.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: SUPERFAST FIBRE UNLIMITED. VERY SLOW

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
MAPPER
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Hello Keith B. Ran the BT Broadband Availability Checker as you suggested. I don't seem to be able to copy the report into this post but this is what I think is the vital bit.

VDSL Range A (Clean)

Downstream Line Rate Mbps

High  38.3          Low    25.7

Upstream Line Rate Mbps

High 7.1   Low    5

Downstream Handback Threshol Mbps      24

WBC FTTC Available

VDSL Range B (Impacted)

Downstream Line Rate Mbps

High   36.9   Low   22.4

Upstream Line Rate Mbps

High  7   Low   4.3

Downstream Handback Threshold Mbps   18

WBC FTTC Available

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 21

Can you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

0 Ratings
MAPPER
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Hello

I cannot work out how to post copies of reports such as the Hub reports on this forum - I am a new member and could find no user instructions on posting/replying etc.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

Just take a screenshot and then post it using the photos icon.

0 Ratings
MAPPER
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 21

connection.pngUntitled.png

0 Ratings
MAPPER
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Hello again. Problem still the same. I was asked here to post Hub reports - which I did - and look forward to comments on why I am still getting such low Superfast Fibre Unlimited speeds. I have just done another BT Wholesale Speed Test which gives D/L speed as 19.58. But interestingly report shows Max Achievable Speed of 20.38 Mbps and "IP Profile for Your Line" as 20.38. Seems odd to me that BT offered upgrade to me with guaranteed speed of at least 22 Mbps and estimated D/L speed between 26 and 38 Mbps ! Did they not check my line with their own Wholesale Speed Checker ? Your comments on how I can obtain better speeds would be very welcome - thanks.

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Your line is syncing below the estimate range for your number. However, it is above the handback threshold. Is the Hub connected to the test socket?

0 Ratings
MAPPER
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

Hello Techwizz.

Thanks for your response. Some speedtests have been through test socket, others through faceplate - no significant difference. My PC is a desktop not very close to the main BT socket but normally connected to the BT Hub with an ethernet cable.. But for a couple of speed tests I moved the Hub next to the BT main socket and did the tests using a WiFi connection - speed results much the same as before ie round about 19 Mbps.

0 Ratings