cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
synchronicity
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Same same old story regarding Speeds

Pay for and am supposed to get Infinity 2.

Have had 3 engineer visits in recent months - each time resetting my Profile and restoring the kind of speeds I was assured I would get when I signed up. Yet for the 4th time I now find my download speeds deteriorating drastically from day to day - at any time.

Here are my HH5 settings and the further diagnostics from the BT Wholesale test. Test was done of course both wirelessly/via Ethernet with virtually no noticeable differences.

Am at a total loss to understand why this cycle of poor speeds keeps recurring soon after each Engineers visit!! Why? My noise levels are as can be seen fairly low and I have tried the quiet line test with no appreciable noise hiss or whatever. I have had all 3 visits kindly arranged through the Moderators but am now seriously wondering what the point of all this is. My upload speed as I had said is not too bad and bizarrely I can get uploads of around 17 mbps even when my download falls ( as it often does ) to as low as 3mbps - on infinity 2 ! How can BT get away with this nonsense!?

Thanks for any ideas ....

HH5.PNG

WSale test.PNG

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Same same old story regarding Speeds

I would try and contact the mods again by replying to one of their emails as you need them to help you but this time maybe a better engineer - boost engineer.  if you cannot get back in contact please post back and then we can try and help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dilosec
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Your data rate (line 6) shows good Infinity speed.

Did each engineer visit restart the HH5?

Try this: Log into the HH5 by http://bthomehub.home/ or 192.168.1.254, click disconnect your broadband, turn HH5 off, wait a minute or two, turn HH5 on, log back into HH5, and click to connect broadband. If your DL/UP speeds (76Mbps/20Mbps) are back to what you expect, but slowly deteriorates again - you should consider replacing the HH5, this will not only restore your connection speeds, but also reduce your stress levels...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@dilosec 

the main problem is not the conenction speed albeit it should be at 80mb but the download speed which is way below the profile hence why another engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
synchronicity
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

A Moderator - Please see a further test I have now done - the 3rd stage of the BT Wholesale test (Tap 3 ).

My results are appalling for Infinity2 and there is clearly something very wrong!

But as I have said in my earlier posts above I have ALREADY had 3 Engineer visits who reset my profile and each time assured me the fault was dealt with. But after their visits the speeds just deteriorated over and over.

I am at a loss now as to what to do and would welcome help. One final point is that the last Engineer checked my home equipment as being ok and .... fitted the new MK3 Openreach Faceplate. I have just the one computer connected directly to this socket and that is that.

Thanks.BT Wh Tap 3.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi Synchronicity,

Those speed are very low given your profile. I'll be able to take a look at your connection. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
synchronicity
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Yes thank-you I have now done that.

0 Ratings
synchronicity
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Am now expecting an Engineer's visit very soon - it will be my FOURTH in a short time. But must remain sceptical anything will be permanently sorted.

Just out of curiosity can anyone give me a sensible explanation as to why my upload speeds are Significantly better than my downloads? Usually the other way around of course. A mystery.

These two latest tests were done with wired Ethernet connection. Really appalling are these download figures for Infinity2.

Thank-you.

OOKLA Test.PNG

BT Test.PNG

0 Ratings