cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Second FTTC Broadband line / DLM Reset?

Go to solution

Hi 

As my wife and I both work from home, our 10-year old FTTC at 39 down 9.5 up is struggling with Zoom/Teams calls at the same time. It is obviously very disappointing that when we first got FTTC in 2011 we got speeds of 52 down, yet 10 years later we have lost 13mb/s. Our town is not scheduled to be upgraded to FTTP at anytime in the next 5 years, despite the rollout map showing us completely surrounded by builds (see attached).  Openreach only gave a stock 'no plans to upgrade your area' response, so I have given up asking them.

I use the Draytek Vigor 130 modem and ASUS RT-AX88u router, which are flawless.  My connection never drops and has very few errors according to the modem stats.

Does anyone know if BT/Openreach will do a line reset to try and get our speeds back up to around 45-50 prior to installing a second line? I think we would be ok if we had our original speeds back, but it seems DLM will not increase our speed despite it being solid for months now.  Last year I had lots of disconnects using a TP-Link modem/router, so hence why I think my line was locked at 39. I would prefer just having one line rather than paying for 2, but I have to do something.

Modem stats below.

Thanks

Screenshot.png2021-08-24 (2).pngScreenshot3.png

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Second FTTC Broadband line / DLM Reset?

Go to solution

I think from your stats you are stuck in a banded profile hence the 40mb connection regardless of anything you try.  I have asked mods to see if they can help you and they will post here

from your stats your up speed looks ok and virtually at max attainable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much for your quick answer @imjolly . I will wait to see what the Mods say.

JMW

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @JMW1967,

Thank you for posting. I would agree with @imjolly, it does look like your connection has been banded. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few test on your line.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks @imjolly@PaddyB and @DavidM for all the help. OpenReach engineer confirmed line was banded and profile set to 40/10, despite the line being capable of more.  After much back and forth with BT my speeds are back to what I had years ago (53/10) so am very happy.

Thanks again

JMW1967

0 Ratings