Did you mean: 
Highlighted
danielshaw007
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Second fibre line and load balancing / bonded line

Go to solution

Hi all..

A client has asked me to do some research, they have a BT fibre line at the moment but they are in a poor area and the upload speed is around 4mb and downloads about 25mb.

If they was to buy another line and it was similar speed, in theory they should be able to get a suitable router that can connect to both lines and balance the load and essentially make the download/upload speeds a lot better.

Reason for this is they are ditching the ISDN lines and having IP phones installed and need more bandwidth.

Do BT support this facility and can anyone point me in the direction of suitable equipment to do this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Second fibre line and load balancing / bonded line

Go to solution

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

I suspect this is business related, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

danielshaw007
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

oops will do 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

They should know more. Usually one of their moderators will point you in the right direction Smiley Wink

pompey1898
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@danielshaw007 wrote:

Hi all..

A client has asked me to do some research, they have a BT fibre line at the moment but they are in a poor area and the upload speed is around 4mb and downloads about 25mb.

If they was to buy another line and it was similar speed, in theory they should be able to get a suitable router that can connect to both lines and balance the load and essentially make the download/upload speeds a lot better.

Reason for this is they are ditching the ISDN lines and having IP phones installed and need more bandwidth.

Do BT support this facility and can anyone point me in the direction of suitable equipment to do this?

Thanks

See :

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/bonding-three-four-ADSL-connections