cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhorvath
Message 1 of 4

Service quality in the kilburn area (for online gaming)?

Hi,

I am moving into the Kilburn area in London. My most important type of broadband usage is online gaming. Basically what I am looking for is if someone else could give me his/her opinion of BT infinity service quality in that area. 

Low latency and a stable connection is much more important for me than raw bandwidth, since It is virtually impossible to play online games with a laggy service...

Does anyone here live around there who could comment on this please? 

Perhaps if it is possible for a forum admin to look at some usage graphs to see if the area is oversaturated/oversubscribed, that would be great too. (can send postcode on request)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Service quality in the kilburn area (for online gaming)?

a lot of what you are looking for is dependant on your line and conenction so best people to ask are neighbours around your new home and even better the existing owner/tenant

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rhorvath
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am sure that my immediate line quality will play a part in this, but my question was more around the overall saturation of the exchange in the area. It would be great to know if it is bandwidth starved around peak hours or not, because congestion will cause latency spikes, and that's pretty much a killer for online gaming (literally). 

I am not dismissing what you are saying, in this particular instance I am just interested in the bigger picture of what happens after the customer loop side of the connection.

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

there is no better way than to ask people who are already using fibre in your area as a guide to speed/latency.  if a congestion problem happens then posting here with btspeedtester result will enable the mods to take up your case with wholesale to get your conegestion problem solved

thete are many posts on the forum regarding congestion and how mod help got it fixed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings