cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eish2306
Message 1 of 3

Setting up BT infinity tomorrow! Does the home hub have to plug directly into the router?

this is a simplified version of what i want, there a few more repeaters and printners dotted arround but this is the basics of what i want to do once the enginer leaves! 

could i set it up as follows?  

phoneline 0> openreach modem 1> gb 8 port hub 2>  homehub 3  3> mac mini

2> powerline 3> powerline > 4port hub/wifi > tv

2> airport extreme 3> Mac Pro

or

phoneline 0> openreach modem 1> gb 8 port hub 2>  homehub 3  3> mac mini

3> powerline > powerline >  4port hub/wifi > tv

2> airport extreme > Mac Pro

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Setting up BT infinity tomorrow! Does the home hub have to plug directly into the router?

The HH3 has to plug into the Openreach modem so the HH3 can connect to the internet using PPPOE. Your LAN then plugs into the HH3.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
soapy
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Setting up BT infinity tomorrow! Does the home hub have to plug directly into the router?

the gb 8 port hub must come after the hh3 as it is the hh3 that is connecting with pppoe

0 Ratings