cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Setting up my Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Hi,

I've recently placed an order for BT Fibre 1 and would like to make sure I have have everything ready.

From what I've read online, This is my Master Socket which I will need a Microfilter to separate the phone line and broadband?

Will I also need a modem? From my understanding our rented property doesn't have Fibre so that's the reason I went for BT Fibre 1.

Any help will be amazing.

socket (2).jpg

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Setting up my Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

that is the master and you just need to connect filter and then connect SH2 to the filter and that's it - connected

SH2 is a modem/router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, you will need a filter, no, you won't need a modem. The Smart Hub 2 is a combined modem and router.

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

have you turned of smart setup  

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@licquorice  @imjolly  Is a filter no longer supplied with the SH2?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I don't know but assumed for a new customer it would be included in the box with the SH2 along with modem cable.  unlike a replacement SH2 which will just come with hub

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

The SH2 hasn't arrived yet, should be early next week

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I got mine yesterday, all you need is in the box, takes 2 mins to set up. Hopefully mine activates today , fingers crossed

0 Ratings