Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Andrewwhitney
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Shocking customer care

I am a new customer of bt my account number is . On 8th/9th April 2014 i phoned bt as my broadband service is not of a standard i am paying for. I was told to call the tech team which I did. After numerous long winded conversations i got no where and asked to escalate the call and to speak with a manager, I was refused as the manager was going off shift in 5 minutes, i asked for it to be passed to a manager of the next shift and was told no as its not protocol and that a manager would call me within 48hrs.

Wednesday morning 9th April i speak to the customer option team and raise a complaint as I was misled when sold the product, I was told it would power my now tv box but the mbs into the house doesn't power it, yet your salesman assured me it would when I purchased bt internet and phone.

Thursday 10th i get a call from Indian call centre tech manager saying that he is waiting for the sales team to speak with him and will be another 48hrs.

6 days later

Wednesday 16th no one has called, i speak with Carl in customer options team he apologises that no one has called me, whilst on the phone to him he is speaking with the people who are supposed to be in contact with me, they call whilst im on phone to Carl, its the tech manager in India again,i say I'm speaking with bt they hang up. Karl informs me that my complaint that was made on wed 9th for being mis sold was tagged onto the original complaint and had not been dealt with as its in the wrong place.
I tell him this is not good enough and he replies no its not and that I've just been passed from pillar to post. He then speaks with his manager and tells me that this will be dealt with by close of business thurs 17th as they have to draw down the call to listen to it. He added it may even be dealt with tonight (Wednesday 16th).

Thursday 17th April i wait in all day for a telephone call that I was assured and told would definatly happen. 6 . 15 pm no phone call so i call bt again i finally get to speak to a manager and she kindly tells me that Carl should not of said that it would be dealt with as it would take 5 days. After another long winded conversation i sit here writing to you gentleman as I feel so angry annoyed stressed and demoralised by the lack of care, honesty and respect your co pantry have shown a customer, I have been lied to , patronised and spoke to like i was a child, mainly from Indian call centre. Last week i was in hospital i had arterial fibrillation and had cardio version to have my heart re-started i also had a heart attack in hospital, no its not BT's fault that this happened but the stress you have caused does not exactly help, I'm paying for a service that didn't work correctly and still doesn't work correctly. I have spent hour upon hour on the phone dealing with misinformed people.

Why have the Indian tech team not contacted me?
Why could I not escalate a call to a manager?
Why was my complaint raised on wed 9th logged in the wrong place?
Why has Carl told me blatant lies?
If they were not lies why did i not get this dealt with today?
Why was Carl told by his manager to tell me this information?
Why did your salesperson tell me something that simply wasn't true, he mis led me.
Why am i having to write to people like your sled to deal with an issue that should of been dealt with already?

Yours frustratedly

Andrew

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Shocking customer care

Moderator dealing

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi Andrewwhitney,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for all the problems you're having and for the length of time this has been going on.  I'd like to help you get things sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Andrewwhitney
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

As i stated in first message ive all ready been in contact with bt, ive been ignored lied to and patronised, i have cc the message to gavin Patterson, Michael rake, I'm also waiting to speak with the ombudsman and if needed will take it further, absolute disgrace
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi Andrewwhitney,

Thanks again for posting!

I completely understand how you're feeling as your original post doesn't make great reading to be honest Smiley Sad - I'd feel exactly the same.

Rest assured, if you follow the steps I gave you in my last post we'll pick it up and sort everything out from here.

All the best,

Robbie

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Andrewwhitney
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

I did follow and I did as you said, it's basically the same email page as the first time i sent an email 8 days ago which was ignored so not feeling hopeful, perhaps when my direct debit doesn't go through someone may respond properly to me, instead of lying.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Thanks, 

I can see we've got your details here now.  Yes, it is the same form, the only difference is that we (the mods) are the only ones who deal with the queries from that form.

We'll get back to you as soon as we can to help with this.

Cheers,

Robbie

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

that email page goes directly to the forum mod team who are a small UK based team of troubleshooters who take personal ownership of this sort of problem until fully resolved i strongly recommend you take up their offer of help they have a very good reputation here
Andrewwhitney
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Thanks as I said to rob i have taken them up
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

it may take 3/5 working days for the mod team to contact you personally by email or phone
0 Ratings