Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
EJB
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Short evening drop outs.

Lasts for no more than a few minutes...but seems to be happening every evening over the last month or two.

Speed tests have, and still are, consistant over years with only the occasional dip...but no relation to the drop outs?

Any thoughts Please?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Short evening drop outs.

Any line noise? Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

have you tried using test socket with filter to see if that helps

can you post draws from your router

does connection drop about same time at night?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Hi @EJB 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the drop outs.  If you post back with the info that @imjolly is asking for I am sure we can help get you sorted.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
EJB
Contributor
Message 4 of 18

I tried the 'Silent Line' test on a corded phone.......very slight hum....only just audible with no other noise in the room.

Haven't got a 'test socket?'

Don't understand 'post draws' although I assume it's results from a test?

It seems to be around the same time each evening...but never thought to check that.

It actually occurs at the router, ie flashing yellow LED instead of Blue constant (I also use a WiFi extender) and when streaming TV.

0 Ratings
EJB
Contributor
Message 5 of 18

9pm this evening and probably similar on other evenings...lasted about 3 minutes.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

Sorry it should say post stats from your router
Do you have a filtered socket or are you using an external filter in the socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
EJB
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

I can now access my router so please indicate  what the statistics actually look like so I can send the correct list.

The BT socket on the wall has two sockets...one for the phone and one for the BB.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

Which socket is it?

Master socket with two sockets

Router Stats
The information contained within your router management pages can really help others diagnose technical issues. To post these stats, open up a web browser and type 192.168.1.254 or BThomehub.home. Navigate to the 'Troubleshooting' Tab and then click on 'Helpdesk', you will then need to enter the admin password which can be found on the sticker on the back of BT Home Hub 4 and 5. BT Home hub 3 will have the sticker on the underside of the router.

When using a Hub 3, you will see an option at the bottom right hand corner to select 'full details'. click on this, copy the info displayed and post the results. If using a BT Home Hub 4 or 5 navigate to 'Troubleshooting' then to 'Logs'. You will then find two lines which will state 'DSL noise margin' and 'DSL line rate', copy this info and include this in your post.

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’

0 Ratings
EJB
Contributor
Message 9 of 18

For Info:- Home Hub 5 Type A.

Re para 2:-

I click 'Troubleshoot'...Then 'Event Log'...No 'Logs' or DSL noise/DSL line options.

I did try other options...just in case!

Event log offers many pages but seemingly no option to download or copy etc.....it does offer a filter to select from the many different catagories.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

Which one of those master sockets that I displayed, do you have?

Why are you using a home hub 5 on a normal ADSL connection?

0 Ratings