cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EJB
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Short evening drop outs.

The center one with a 'Mk 3' embossed on top right corner.

The hub was supplied (replacement) when I had an engineer visit at least a couple of years ago....could have been longer!

PS. The hub and the wall socket were installed at the same time by the engineer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

@EJB wrote:

The center one with a 'Mk 3' embossed on top right corner.

The hub was supplied (replacement) when I had an engineer visit at least a couple of years ago....could have been longer!

I wonder why they did not replace it with a  home hub 4, which is the preferred one for ADSL?

You need to test from the "real" test socket which is located behind the filter plate, as the fault may be caused by one of the components in that filter.

mk 3 nte all parts.jpg

If you can connect things up as shown below, then see if you still get the disconnections. Ignore the white bottom section on this diagram.

adsl_test.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

with hh5 the stats needed are troubleshooting then helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
EJB
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

BB Hub Services Network..JPG

This is the image before I tried to reconnect to the direct connection.

However I can't remove upper plug and cable....I will continue to try but certainly don't want to pull the cable out of the plug. I do see how to do it....it just won't release.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

That is not showing the actual connection speed.

The top plug is held in by a small catch which needs to be pushed to one side to release the pkug.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

that is not the stats   you need to go to troubleshooting then helpdesk when you are in hub manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
EJB
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Sorted the plugs....Problem is I can't leave the phone disconnected.

Hopefully have attached the correct stats.

BB Hub Stats.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

You are not on ADSL with that speed, you are on VDSL (BT "fibre" broadband)

I will move this thread to the correct board.

You plug the phone into the phone socket on the microfilter, that will keep it working. See my last diagram showing the test arrangement.

0 Ratings