cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ringoko
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Should I downgrade to BT Infinity 1?

According to BT my line is suitable for Infinity 2, which is what I have. However my current speed according to speedtest.net is around 25 Mbps down and 6 Mbps up. Would these values stay around the same on Infinity 1?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Should I downgrade to BT Infinity 1?

Yes, there will be absolutely no difference by changing to Infinity2. Infinity 1 is just an artificial cap on speed so if you are below the cap nothing will change.  What does https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ show your line capable of?

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Jumped the gun a little there licquorice I think 😉 Was the speedtest done wired or wireless? Can you post your router connection stats which shows the current connection rate and the maximum attainable connection rate, along with the results from the dsl checker as asked above?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

... and if he continues to use the same set up he used to produce the above results on Infinity 2 it will still show the speeds he is getting now Smiley Wink

Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Not sure I follow? Could well be wireless performance giving those speeds. Could be in sync at 80meg for all we know right now.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

I think my eyes are painted on this morning! I read it incorrectly that the OP was wanting to upgrade from Infinty 1 to Infinity 2 not the other way round.

Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Hehe no worries, had me confused for a moment there!
Ringoko
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

thanks, it shows my line is capable of 50.6Mbps high or 37.9 impacted, but I never see those speeds. On a direct line to my router at quiet times the highest I can remember was 35

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

I'd downgrade.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Definitely downgrade, even if you could get 50M the difference to 40M would be negligible.