Message 1 of 18

Shows I am in Impacted range, why?

My Hub6 shows the following;

Data rate: 20.00 Mbps / 62.82 Mbps
Maximum data rate: 20792 / 75130
Noise margin: 6.2 dB / 6.2 dB
Line attenuation: 14.3 dB
Signal attenuation: 0 dB / 14.3 dB
... I am at loss to understand why this is so unless there is a fault in the cabinet.

My BTWholesale reports;

clipboard_image_0.png

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Shows I am in Impacted range, why?

Can you post the full stats from hub6 advanced settings then technical log information 

your current connection of 62mb is right at bottom end of dslchecker range. I don't think you are in impacted range

which exchange and cab are you on?

any line noise. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

CIRENCESTER is served by Cabinet 16

According to the myBT check I actually get 58.9Mb/sec which does placement in the impacted range.

The output from advanced;

Product name:BT Hub 6A
Serial number:deleted
Firmware version:SG4B1000E01E
Firmware updated:13-Aug-2019
Board version:1.0
Gui version:1.105.0
DSL uptime:2 Days, 0 Hours 50 Minutes 24 Seconds
Data rate:20.00 Mbps / 62.82 Mbps
Maximum data rate:20792 / 75130
Noise margin:6.2 dB / 6.2 dB
Line attenuation:14.3 dB
Signal attenuation:0 dB / 14.3 dB
VPI / VCI:0/38
Modulation:G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:Fast Path
Data sent / received:1122 MB Uploaded / 16466 MB Downloaded
Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi:Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name:BTHub6-DR-24
2.4 GHz wireless channel:Channel 11
5 GHz wireless network name:BTHub6-DR-5
5 GHz wireless channel:Channel 36
Wireless security:WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode:Mode 1
Firewall:On
MAC address:deleted
Software variant:-
Boot loader:9.2.0

17070 - None detectable.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

The speeds quoted by BT and shown in the dslchecker r silts are connection speeds and from your stats your connection speed is 62.82mb so right a bottom of normal

your connection time is only 2 days is this due to manual reset or hub dropping connection. If the latter does this happen often as could be a problem

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection speed nearer your attainable speed

unfortunately you are on ECI can so currently no speed boost from G.INP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 18

According to the myBT speedtest I am getting 58.9 or thereabouts this reports the hub speed as you know.

2 days: due to mains power failure.

I am connected to the Master socket but have not tried test with filter.

ECI/G.INP - explain please?

0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

myBTSpeedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

speed test is throughput but all speeds quoted are connection which is shown by your hub speed at 62mb

have you noticed any drops in connection before the power cut as that would help explain why speed down from attainable

https://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/g.inp   at present only really applies to Huawei cabs but youlike me are on ECI

0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 18

There has been a gradual slow down over the last year or so, I used to get 75MB download as I am close to the cabinet (about 200/300 yds), but speed is slowly being eroded and the dslchecker has also shown a marked decline in the minimum speeds.

BTW have you had a look at the impacted Max and Min (17Max and 20Min) doesn't give you confidence in any figure produced automatically!!

0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

From 2015 (I do have another with close to max somewhere);

Speedcheck After reboot-20150203.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

@davidramsay wrote:

BTW have you had a look at the impacted Max and Min (17Max and 20Min) doesn't give you confidence in any figure produced automatically!!

i never actually noticed as it is always down speed that customers post about   

Your speed does reduce especially if you were one of the early people on the cabinet and as more people are added then crosstalk becomes a problem causing reduction in connection speed

0 Ratings