cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

How to be put on super stable profile

Is there a manual way to be put on a super stable profile?

I’m currently on the 80/20 package with full speeds but having issues with online gaming and streaming.

is there a way to trick the system into being put onto a super stable profile? Is there a specific way of wiring the master socket to be put on a super stable profile?

I currently have a NTE5C master socket with 1 extension socket for telephone.

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Re: How to be put on super stable profile

No to all the questions.

You could ask customer services if you could be put on a stable profile rather than speed profile but not sure if they offer the choice.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

The default option is set to Automatic and DLM will decide which interleaving option is best suited for your line. This is an automatic process and can not be selected by BT.

Your stats show you are on Fastpath latency and not Interleaving. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

I just spoke to BT wholesale via E chat and they said they can change it from fast to super stable on their end but I need a BBEU. How can I access this?
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

I assume you mean BT Retail. Your phone number should be sufficient.

Don't be disappointed if changing your profile doesn't resolve your problem.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Hi @Daniel92 BT Wholesale should only take instruction from BT about your broadband service. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we can look into putting you on the super stable profile.

Thanks

Neil

Message 17 of 22

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
on ‎20-12-2021 12h39

Message 13 of 16
The default option is set to Automatic and DLM will decide which interleaving option is best suited for your line. This is an automatic process and can not be selected by BT.

Your stats show you are on Fastpath latency and not Interleaving.

~ Stability Levels

There are three levels of stability profiles which may be applied to a line. The level of stability may have been chosen by the end-user, but usually the ISP will select a default profile on behalf of the user. This stability preference affects how the DLM will react to any period of instability on the line.

Stability Level WBC Profile (20/21CN) NGA Profile (FTTC) Description

1. Aggressive Standard Speed Prioritise speed over stability for online gamers
2. Normal Stable Standard Best overall balance between speed and stability
3. Stable Super Stable Stable Prioritise stability over speed for IPTV
Custom (SIN 472) Allows a CP to specify the thresholds which DLM will manage the line towards.
There is some confusion over the naming & mapping of profiles between BTw and BToR - the latter of which does not allow for interleaving to be turned off for FTTC, despite mention being made in various documents.
ISP's known to use NGA Speed Profile: AAISP, BT, Plusnet, Zen.
ISP's known to use NGA Standard Profile: EE, Sky, TalkTalk, Vodafone.

BT choose the Speed profile and it is selectable by BT

info from here https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/DLM.htm

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

I stand corrected. As far as I was aware it was only BT Wholesale who selected the profile for the line and not BT Retail and it would only be changed if there was a direct request from BT Retail to BT Wholesale if there was a specific reason for doing so, not just on a customers request.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

@gg30340It has happened before on here where the mods have requested it for a customer.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

@pippincp wrote:

@gg30340It has happened before on here where the mods have requested it for a customer.

So basically it is BT Wholesale and not BT Retail who set it and it is only changed by a request from BT Retail to BT Wholesale and as such it is not set by the BT ISP as has been implied.

0 Ratings