Go to solution

I’m having the same issues I also don’t know why it’s happening 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Re: Signed up for 900mbps (Smart Hub 2)but getting 14~30mbps

Go to solution

@JamesRobert 

You are posting on an old thread

See solution https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Signed-up-for-900mbps-Smart-Hub-2-but-getting-14-30mb...

Your devices are not capable of working any faster, especially over wireless.

Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Of course, this begs the question, why sign up to the top-of-range package if your devices are not capable of achieving anywhere near such speeds? Also, what was the specification for your previous internet connection and what were the speeds you were achieving at that time?

Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Unless people have a large household with many people using the Internet all of the time, and perhaps working from home, there is no point in a 900Mb connection, as it will not make any difference, and is just a waste of money.

It was never intended that people get 900mb on all devices, especially on a wireless connection. The intention is to allow that bandwidth to be shared among family members and multiple devices, without each user noticing any slowdown.

Here is a quote from old post by @SeanD  on 18/06/2021

"I think for the first time ever we are in a situation whereby the speed you can now get through Full Fibre outperforms the capabilities of many devices.  

The Smart hub 2 does not come with Wi-Fi 6 but this is something we are looking to include in our next generation of Hub.  I don't have any info as to when we will launch a new router by Wi-Fi 6 will bring some improvement.

As an example of what I mean in terms of devices not being able to support the full breadth of speed available on Full Fibre 900, take a look at the table below.  This is just for a couple of Apple Smart Phones and Tablets along with  popular Samsung models,

Apple (Smartphones) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
IPHONE SE Yes 60mbps 300mbps
IPHONE SE 2020 Yes 135mbps

600mbps

Samsung (Smartphones) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
galaxy-s10e Yes 135mbps 600mbps
galaxy-s10-5g Yes 135mbps 600mbps

Apple (Tablets) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
IPAD pro 3rd gen (Nov 2018) Yes 135mbps 600mbps
IPAD pro 4th gen (March 2020) Yes 135mbps 600mbps

Samsung (Tablet) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
galaxy-tab-s5e Yes 100mbps 300mbps
galaxy-tab-s6 Yes 60mbps 600mbps

"

Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Why you felt the need to tell me that this is an old thread I don’t know but I was aware when replying I was looking on the community page to read and see if other people are having the same issues that I am having I don’t use wireless btw I have numerous high tech devices and I do speed tests every day and I get 60mbps you don’t know what you are talking about i am the only person in my house hold I don’t have multiple things on at the same time I pay 110 a month for my direct fibre broadband 900 with hybrid connect and still get bad speeds 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

@JamesRobert 

This is just a customer to customer help page. We are all just customers.

If you are not happy with your speed, then contact BT,

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

There's no point in saying "you don't know what you are talking about" without being specific about what you actually mean; otherwise, the intended recipient of this comment cannot determine whether your criticism is valid or not, which is not fair.

0 Ratings