cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Silver Address to apply for broadband

Hi all

I am moving into a new house, I cannot order the broadband service with my postcode. I contact Openreach, they confirmed with me that my address should able to connect the fiber network. I try calling the sales team or customers service team to explain my issue. Please assist me to place my order. Below is the reply from Openreach.

I’ve had a look into this and your property is what we call a silver address (this just means that although it is registered with Royal Mail, has been assigned a Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN) and is on our database, we have no record of a previous service there).

The good news is that this is just a records issue and can be easily fixed by your service provider, they just need to follow their silver address process and place an order for broadband only service.  When placing an order, please pass along your UPRN to assist your provider in placing an order.  Your UPRN is:

If they have any problems placing your order ask them to contact us directly and we’ll be able to assist them.

Once the service is active and the records have been updated on our systems, you should then be able to check for fibre availability via our website below using your postcode: https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Silver Address to apply for broadband

@stevenwlm 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

Have you tried to place an order with BT, as this is a BT forum.

If you are using a different provider, then you need to post on their forum.

Message 3 of 4

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I am using VM now, but willing to switch to BT. I did contact the team member of BT like sales or customers service. They are unable to help because the new postcode show is not cover. But what I confirm from Openreach is, just need to order the Broadband service and they will able to help. Its like a dead end how could I become the first one to use their service, but first need someone else to activate the service first.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Can you enter your address and post the results including the notes. Remember to delete address before posting

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.