Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Size of hole for fibre optic cable

Go to solution

Hello

I'm going to switch to ultrafast, so a fibre modem needs to be installed. Does anyone know what size hole openreach  drill thru the wall for the cable as I'd like to drill it myself beforehand

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Size of hole for fibre optic cable

Go to solution

@Pingpong404 wrote:

Hello

I'm going to switch to ultrafast, so a fibre modem needs to be installed. Does anyone know what size hole openreach  drill thru the wall for the cable as I'd like to drill it myself beforehand

Is the Ultrafast product being supplied via FTTP or over copper from a G.Fast pod at the cab? If FTTP will you be drilling the hole in the correct place for FTTP to enter?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Fttp. I'm reasonably confident about the hole placement - it will be at the front on the house about 70cm above ground thru the wall into a cupboard with power and is in line with the current overhead drop wire hanger. The current copper goes thru a window frame. If I do the drilling i can take my time so it will be neat and correctly angled to prevent damp bridging.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Should be in HERE somewhere.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for a useful document. If anyone else wants to know - Wiring through cavity walls must be installed within 20mm conduit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

link is not working.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

The website has been re-designed. Depending on what you want to know there should be a guide or handbook for it HERE.

0 Ratings