Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sm43
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Sky on-demand causing Disconnections

Hi All,

For a while now, I've been experiencing an issue whereby my BT Smart Hub disconnects when trying to download content via Sky On-Demand/Catch-Up.

The way the issue manifests is that the programme will start to download, then after a few minutes, the lights on the router go flashing orange/solid orange, before eventually turning blue.  This repeats frequently as the programme downloads.  

The Sky Box is connected to the router via LAN.  The only other time this has happened is when the TV was connected via LAN, and I tried to stream shows via Netflix.  It doesn't happen when the TV is connected via WIFI.

I should also point out that the issue only started happening after I experienced a power cut.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sky on-demand causing Disconnections

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 11

Hi @sm43,

Please can you try the steps as suggested by @Keith_Beddoe and post back and let us know if that has resolved the issue?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
sm43
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Thanks,

I'd previously tried factory resets, and always ensure Smart Setup is switched off (most annoying feature of the Hub).  Usually works for a short while, and then the issue starts cropping up again.

Anyway, I've done as you suggest, and it seems to work for now.  I'll monitor over the next few days, and mark as accepted/update post as appropriate.

Cheers

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 5 of 11

Hi @sm43,

Thank you for posting back. If the problem returns it might be worth while trying a different Ethernet port on the hub and cable.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
sm43
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Hi, The issue has cropped up again. Have tried different cables/ports and carried out factory resets each time. Any other suggestions? Thanks, sm43
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 11

@sm43 I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing issues, we could try a replacement Hub if its under warranty.  I'll send you a Private Message with info on how to get in touch with the mod team.

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 8 of 11

Hi @sm43 thanks for taking my call 🙂 I have arranged for a replacement Hub, I'll catch up with you next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Message 9 of 11

Hi @sm43 thanks for taking my call last night.

As you had just connected the Hub, we've agreed for me to give you another call next Tuesday so you can have a few days to check if the problem persists. I'll speak to you then 🙂

Thanks

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Message 10 of 11

Morning @sm43 I just tried calling you there, I left a voice mail.

How have you been getting on with the new Hub? Is the issue still there or has there been an improvement or change at all?

Thanks

0 Ratings