cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Sky to BT problem

Spoiler

Hi there,

I'm trying to change from Sky to BT broadband for the fibre but I'm having a bunch of issues with it. Firstly, the broadband deal section of the site tells me I can get between 5mb and 11mb - which is ridiculous and also wrong, as I know for a fact my neighbours have quicker broadband. Secondly, uSwitch is telling me I can get up to 67mb.

I'm obviously not going to order the slow version, but with only a day remaining on the price deal that I need to afford it, I can't get through to the BT customer service help desk - after 10 mins on hold the line gets hung up. I don't know what to do.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sky to BT problem

@HJKettle 

Welcome to this user forum.

Check here to see if the cabinet is full.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

As you do not have a BT phone number, you will need to use the address checker.

Please edit out your address before posting, but leave the cabinet and exchange number showing.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Fibre frustration!

Hi there,

I've posted about this before but I really am at the end of my tether with this nonsense. When checking if I can get fibre through BT online I discover that 35, our neighbours to the left, and 31, our neighbours to the right, can both get full fibre - but we can't? It makes absolutely no sense and I can't get through to BT on the phone to deal with it, and we are desperate to get this sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Re: Fibre frustration!

@HJKettle 

Please answer the question that was asked, then you may get help.

Message 5 of 9

If the cabinet was full, why when I look it up on the BT site will it still allow both of my neighbours to get it?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

If you require help on the forum please just post a screenshot of the requested information.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I've just spoken with BT and they said that because I'm currently with Sky, it can sometimes come up that it isn't available but he's assured me that it should be, and he's going to speak with Openreach and get back to me ASAP to try and get it fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

HJKettle_0-1612449388976.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@HJKettle wrote:

I've just spoken with BT and they said that because I'm currently with Sky, it can sometimes come up that it isn't available but he's assured me that it should be, and he's going to speak with Openreach and get back to me ASAP to try and get it fixed.

Once you order a phone line from BT Retail, the Openreach database will be updated.

As you are not a current BT Retail customer, this forum cannot help.

0 Ratings