cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpacedMan
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Sky wireless adapter won't connect to HH3

Hi, I am trying to connect the Sky wireless internet adapter to my HH3 on Infinity but it will not connect.

My 3 computers, Wii, Phone and 3 Internet radios all work perfectly.

I did a test today, I dug out my old HH version 1 (not connected to the net) and the adapter connected to it first time.

On other forums they say that this is a known issue and an update to the hub may be needed for it to work.

I have the hub set to b/g/n and using the old settings from the HH1 (SSID and passkey).

I spent 2 hours with Sky trying to get it connected even reinstalling the Firmware to the Sky+HD box, they then suggested contacting BT, so here I am.

HELP!!!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sky wireless adapter won't connect to HH3

I have the adapter and it works for me.

Be careful with the passcode, as it is case sensitive.  When typing it in on your Sky remote, don't accept the capital letter if it should be lower case, keep pressing until it gets around to the lower case version.

It should then work!!

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
SpacedMan
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Believe me, I spend 4 hours doing that before contacting Sky, I even reset the Hub back to default so I could use WPS.

The adapter sat there flashing orange for 15 minutes before giving up.

What I can't work out is, if it works on the HH1 why not on the HH3 with exactly the same settings.

I tried the passkey in upper and lower case, niether worked.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

try just wireless b/g and WPA2 only
0 Ratings
SpacedMan
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I'll give it a go, but I can't see it making much difference as everything else works with WEP.

I'll try at the weekend when I have time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@SpacedMan wrote:

Believe me, I spend 4 hours doing that before contacting Sky, I even reset the Hub back to default so I could use WPS.

The adapter sat there flashing orange for 15 minutes before giving up.

What I can't work out is, if it works on the HH1 why not on the HH3 with exactly the same settings.

I tried the passkey in upper and lower case, niether worked.

WPS has been disabled on the home hub.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings