cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 24

Slow (0.15 Mbps) Upload Speed

Go to solution

I recently installed a Ring video doorbell which was working fine until today. After an hour online with Ring they have concluded my upload speed is too slow and needs to be 0.5Mbps or higher for the video aspect to function correctly. 

Used BT Wholesale speed test which shows I am getting ~40Mbps download but only 0.15Mbps upload. Upstream Rate IP profile for line is 10Mbps

Called BT who confirmed that up until yesterday I was getting close to 10Mbps upload and had been for the last month but could also offer no reason why it had dropped to such a slow speed but more concerning is that they said there was nothing they could do!

Surely that can't be right?

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I can get this fixed or at least get BT to look into this further

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 24

Re: Slow (0.15 Mbps) Upload Speed

Go to solution

@DMiller

Hi there, can you put your phone number into this checker and take a screen shot and post back the results? 

PLEASE remove your number from the results before posting it ( scrub it out in paint if you can).

Also which hub are you using? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection and preferably with IE/Edge  http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

Hello CJT80

I'm using latest BT Smart Hub.

Currently unable to upload screen shot (224kb), perhaps this is because of my current upload speed issue?

Will post as soon as I can

Highlighted
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

Using BT Wholesale Speed Test I get

Download = 34.75Mbps

Upload = 0.06Mbps

Ping = 152.38ms

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

try posting hub stats  advanced settings then technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

DocFile (1).jpgDocFile (2).jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

your stats show a 55/10mb connection which is max for infinity 1

have you tried a factory reset of the hub to see if that helps?  if that does not help then your need to get engineer visit

post back if you still get hassle from CS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

which can and exchange are you on?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution
Thanks! As I said in original post BT said there is nothing they can do even though they recognise I should be getting close to 10Mbps and not the 0.15Mbps currently
0 Ratings