Re: Slow (0.15 Mbps) Upload Speed

Go to solution
I'm on BERKSWELL exchange cabinet 1
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution
Seems many people in the village are affected but having just called BT again they are still insisting I reboot my hub!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

Looks like many people are affected so BT have admitted there is a 'minor issue' on their Openreach network. They did admit to one of the complainers that 0.1Mbps upload was unacceptable so hopefully will get it fixed quickly.

Thanks to all who tried to help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

The faster download speeds become and more users in a household then the greater need for a minimum guaranteed upload speed. Putting uploading files aside for the moment then just streaming, gaming and browsing by multiple users in a household also requires a minimum upload speed for it to remain seamless. It's about time ISP's had to guarantee a minimum upload as well as download. The upload doesn't have to be all that high to achieve this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

I'm just down the road in Eastern Green and am having exactly the same problem ... fingers crossed they get it sorted soon (I work from home and haven't been able to do a thing all day!).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

I'm in Canley just down the road, on the Tile Hill exchange and I'm having the same problem. The upload speed dropped yesterday. In January (my last check) I was getting 9-10 Mbps and now I have 0.13Mbps. Internet banking etc. is impossible. Spoke to a tech last night and I was told the usual (no guarantee on upload speeds stuff), although he did suggest splitting my wireless networks!!

Hope they get this sorted soon.

It's a little ironic, but Virgin are at the bottom of my drive now laying fibre optic cable down the street.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

Looks like they're working on something, spotted this online this morning:

Service status

Broadband -  21CN MULTI-SERVICE : TILE HILL TE : DEGRADED SERVICE
Type  Incident 
Status Ongoing

Problem reported

Reported Fri 13/07/2018 at 07:55 AM

Expected completion Fri 13/07/2018 at 12:50 PM

Sorry, there's a problem with broadband services in your area. We're on to it now and hope to have it fixed soon. Check back later to see how we're doing.

Highlighted
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @robsonc @DMiller and @CSM The work is now completed. Please can you test your connection and see if the upload has returned to normal. You may need to reset your Hub.

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

Yes all fixed now, upload speed has returned to 9Mbps.

Thanks to everyone who helped

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @DMiller Thanks for checking and posting back and good news to hear your connection is now fixed. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings