Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JordySug
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Slow BT Infinity 2 Speed

Hello,

For around 2 months my BT infinity 2 speed has been rather slow, at around 26mb/s, and I have not been having a good time with BT's customer support. I have chatted to BT over the phone around 6 times now to try and resolve my slow internet speed, but have been seeing no progress. Everytime i call them to try and fix my issue, they tell me to change my BT Hub's WiFi channel and say that this will be guarenteed to fix my speed (obviously not). The first time I contacted them they told me I should be getting a minimum of 44mb/s, and that they would reset my line to try and fix the issue - this actually lowered my internet speeds and made things worse.

Everytime i ring they are giving me the same poor solution. Anyone have any suggestions that may actually fix my speeds?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Slow BT Infinity 2 Speed

can you post stats from your hub

if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

try quiet line test   dial 17070 opyion 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

are you using test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JordySug
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

bthub settings.PNG

dslchecker.PNG

3. Don't have a corded phone

4. Not using test socket.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

you need to get a phone and check for noise as that can cause poor broadband and disconnection  a £5investment at say argos could save you the call out fee of £130 if you get engineer visit and problem is found to be in your home with your wiring

connecting to test socket with a new filter will eliminate your internal wiring and master faceplate from being a problem and again help to you are not charged for engineer visit  you would need to leave in test socket for few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Zombie
Expert
Message 5 of 6

I think @imjolly  released the shift key to soon, I’m sure he means a £5 investment in a corded phone.  Lets not be too frivolous 😀

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@Zombie

Damn iPad - I had corrected before seeing your post - thanks

imj