your estimated speed from the dslchecker is between 24/16.5mb so you can be at top or as you currently are at bottom of estimated speed as more people are added to your cabinet it often happens that speeds reduce slightly due to crosstalk
if you are connected to test socket with new filter and quiet line test is ok then I cannot see much more you can do. do you have extension sockets whether in use or not in other rooms and if so have you checked that there is no dial tone now you are connected to test socket
your neighbour is maybe a guide but you have a different connection to the streeet cabinet and no two connections are the same
I would not say my speed has reduced slightly, i would say that going from 22 to 13 is a drastic reduction - the whole reason for me moving from TalkTalk is for the same reason - the day BT came online im up to 22 - and now im back to where i was with TalkTalk. The psynic in me tells me there are other things at play.
I get the bit around estimated speeds and if its between 24/16.5 but im still only getting 13. On the assumption that as more people join the slower it gets - at this rate ill be back to standard wired broadband speeds of around 6 meg!!! Surely this cannot be right?
Ive only been on BT Infinity for less than 6 months i cannot believe the uptake of other people connecting to infinity is the sole cause of me losing speed by almost 40%
Why is my maximum download speed set to just over 16? Why is it not set to 22? Im assuming that this is a factor in my maximum download speed - ill never get to 22 all the while this figure is set to anything less than 22?
The bottom estimated connection speed is 16.5mb and according to your router stats you are just short of 16mb connection speed. As @john46 said all speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds not download speeds. As the connection is the same regardless of ISP then getting same speed as you had with TT is expected
Again, valid point - but why am i not getting the same speed today as i saw having recently joined BT inifinity? If i had the same speed now as i did back then i would understand it - but im not?
The only thing that has changed now is that my router is plugged directly into the test socket, other than that nothing inside my house has changed - so why would my speed drop so significantly - this is what i cant get my head around?
For me to get a download speed of 22 - what would my maximum download speed have been set to in my router config?
If i am getting now the maximum speed that my line can handle - why was i getting 22? If i could get 22 then - why can i not get this now? As for times of the day - i would get 22 throughout the day, regardless of the day of the week. Having swapped providers i was naturally curious as to any improvement and checked this - and thought it was brilliant.
Im really trying to understand what is going on and would totally understand this if i had changed things within my house - but i havent. My setup has not changed and yet my download speeds have - regardless of whether or not they are to the hub or not, i am suffering from a significant deteriotion in download speeds - my method of measuring is the same and the results are different.
Which exchange and cabinet are you connected to? It would normally be at the top of the dslchecker results which you deleted
I have checked my download speeds at varying times during the day - i did this when transferring from TalkTalk to BT and continue to do this today. When i first moved from TalkTalk to BT, in the evenings, during the week i would get 22, at weekends during the day i would get 22, at weekend evenings i would get 22. Today i am finding during the week i get 13, at the weekends during the day i get 13 and at weekend evenings i get 13.
My background is an electrical and electronic control specialist. I understand noise, intereference, impedence, resistance, shielding, dB, attenuation, logic, fault finding, the differences between fibre, copper wire and coax etc. etc.etc. so i have a good understanding of circuits etc. This is why i am so perplexed as to why things have changed.
I get download speeds will vary during the day, i get download speeds will vary depending on the number of people using the system at the same time - it still does not explain why i have got such a reduction in speed. If i were to achieve download speeds of 22 - even intermittently i would get it, but alas this is not the case.
I also get the bit around having the router plugged directly into master sockets - which it is and not using exetension leads - which i am not. I have ethernet conections to switches and other devices using wifi. when i run the speedtests i am runnning them when no-ne is downloading, buffering etc, i run the tests in the same conditions - this is standard practice when fault finding - reducing the variables as much as possible to keep the tests as consistent as possible.
The fact remains in that when joining BT i could get download speeds of 22 and today i can only get a maximum of 13 - noting internally has changed.