Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 38

Re: Slow Broad Band Speed

Still looking for exchange and cabinet for your connection 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
John17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 38

HI licquorice

I cannot dispute that it could be cross talk causing the problem - but this is an assumption. When fault finding you have to assertain the facts to stand any chance of understanding the causial factors, at the moment all i have to go on is assumption and conjecture.

Regards

John

0 Ratings
John17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 38

Hi imjolly

the exchange is Ashurst and served by cabinet 1

Regards

John

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 38

With your cab type you may find that if you have a good stable connection then DLM will add G.INP which will help improve your connection speed. Just need to keep stable connection but no timescale when or if it will happen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 38

@John17 wrote:

HI licquorice

I cannot dispute that it could be cross talk causing the problem - but this is an assumption. When fault finding you have to assertain the facts to stand any chance of understanding the causial factors, at the moment all i have to go on is assumption and conjecture.

Regards

John

Unfortunately facts are hard to come by and all that is left is conjecture.

0 Ratings
John17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 38

HI

I am none the wiser on any next steps or actions to take? Is there anything that can be done to investigate my loss of speed?

If its cross talk - how do i prove this and what would be different to the cross talk now compared to when i switched to BT and had no problems with speed?

Regards

John

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 38

as I said already if you can maintain a stable conenction then DLM may activate G.INP which will help improve your speed.  there is nothing you can do about crosstalk and probably just more people now on your cabinet from when you joined BT

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 38

@John17 wrote:

HI

I am none the wiser on any next steps or actions to take? Is there anything that can be done to investigate my loss of speed?

If its cross talk - how do i prove this and what would be different to the cross talk now compared to when i switched to BT and had no problems with speed?

Regards

John

Simple, when first connected DLM was doing nothing more than monitoring to build up a profile for  your line.

After 3 days (minimum) it started taking action to stabalise your line, corsstalk would be introducing as high number of errors.

DLM has decided your current speeds are best for a stable connection.

It is also possible DLM has yet to implement G.Inp on your line which will see a slight rise in speed.

0 Ratings
John17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 38

Hi

Ive just taken a call on the landlne and could barely hear the caller. Following the call i did the 17070 selecting number 2 - the quiet line tool. it sounded like someone scrunching a bag of crisps whilst standing in the mddile of a rain storm - it was awful. 

I have just conducted another speed test and have managed a lofty 9 meg download (as a reminder im on fiber - not standard broadband)

What could this mean and what are the best next steps?

For info the filter is plugged into the master test socket still and the phone is a cordless type.

Regards

John

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 38

Report it to BT as a noisy phone line. Once that has been fixed, the broadband will get better. Do not report it as a broadband fault.

0 Ratings