cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Slow Broadband

New customer and open reach been twice confirmed 55MBS coming into the router  only 37 MBS COMING out. Speed test with computer plugged in by BT supplied cable to router directly still only 37 MBS and message saying sorry running slow. On 49 MBS GUARENTEE  BT technician not helpful.  Asked BT if 55MBS Coming in why supply a superhub 2 that can't handle what they promised. Declined to answer.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Slow Broadband

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser /SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Are you using ethernet connection when you are checking your download speed?  The speeds quoted by BT are connection speed to your hub not download speeds to your device

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Screenshot_20220223-202015_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220223-212302_Office.jpg

 hi thanks for the reply hope the 2 screen shots are what you meant 

1st picture router's advanced setting data log 

2nd picture screen shot from Broadband checker

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Screenshot_20220223-211524_Samsung Internet.jpg

 May have posted wrong picture previous 

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

From the information posted you appear to be on fibre 1 and have the max speed for that package of 55/10mb.  You can check download speed with ethernet cable not wireless

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 11

This is my issue with BT  WITH THE ETHERNET CABLE CONECTION I'M GETTING 37/8 MBS  NOT 55/ 8 THAT OPEN REACH PROVED WAS COMING INTO THE ROUTER

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @ianbhemming and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you're not happy with your connection speeds. I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you. If you can post the speed test results as mentioned by @imjolly we'll try to advise you further.

Cheers

David

Message 8 of 11

Screenshot_20220223-211524_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220223-212302_Office.jpg

Screenshot_20220223-202015_Samsung Internet.jpg

 Ethernet cable connection laptop to router  getting 36.8MBS, wifi 34MBS, GUARENTEE from BT 49MBS , 55+ coming into the router confirmed by open reach.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

the speeds quotes by BT are connection speeds to your router NOT download speeds to your device

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

So the thing puzzling me is speed test on my BT using their speed test I get a yellow bar bottom left saying " your speed is slow " and underneath the yellow bar the message  "sorry your broadband is slow " their site their screen message that also states call for help

0 Ratings