cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Slow Connection And Dropouts

Can any of the mods on here help Im on Fibre 1 Sogea line and have had lots of drops slow speeds and Latency issues,

I had an engineer from openreach out today who said my line is 1.4km from the DSLAM and said it was probably but not confirmed aluminium in parts from the DSLAM to me property and said he would put my line on interleave. Is this better than fast path will the DSLAM monitoring put me back on fast path automatically and will I see a difference in streaming and gaming application my line syncs happily at the max 30 Mbps down and 4 Mbps up, but was dropping and real high latency thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Slow Connection And Dropouts

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

When you say dropping connection is it the wireless connection dropping or are you dropping internet connection and hub light changes from blue.

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

I will post stats later thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Product name BT Smart Hub 2

Serial number 2028105588

Fireware version v0.35.01.06093-BT (Thu Jun 9 11:13:37 2022)

Board version R01

GUI version 1.74 12_11_2020

DSL uptime 0 days 0 Hours 6 Mins 7 Secs

Data rate 3.5 Mbps / 21.8 Mbps

Maximum Data rate 3.9 Mbps / 26.4 Mbps

Noise margin 6.1/6.3

Line attenuation 13.7/29.4

Signal attenuation 13.7/-97.0

VLAN id 101

Upstream error control Off

Downstream error control Off

Data sent / received 25.2 MB Uploaded / 199.9 MB Downloaded

Broadband username bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Public Wi-Fi Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name Grant77

2.4 GHz wireless channel Smart (Channel11)

5 GHz wireless network name Grant77

5 GHz wireless channel Smart (Channel36)

Wireless Security WPA2 (Recommanded)

Wireless mode Mode 1

Firewall On

MAC address 18:82:8C:C5:90:2B

Software variant -

Boot loader 0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Connection time is only 6 min was that manual reset or hub dropping connection?

Your connection speed is consistent with your attainable speed and noise margin about normal 6db. However signal attenuation looks wrong is it a typo?

As your landline phone is not active you cannot check for line noise so have you tried using test socket with a filter to see if that helps your stability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

New Master socket all new cabling that's not a typo the signal attenuation is showing a minus and big ping spikes speed drops is the line banded and can you guys put me on a fast path line again as this is worse

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Or should I give it 10 days for the dynamic line adjustment to do its thing, also have new hub ok n order to try

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I would try using test socket but also check that the new master is properly clipped in place as it is easy for it to become dislodged 

Line does not look like banded.  Latency is controlled automatically by the DLM so unlike previous ADSL connection there is no manual intervention 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

The engineer put the line interleaved to stabilise it will the DSLAM stil adjust to it or is it on for good

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

6864796621.jpg

0 Ratings