cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmeanderson
Message 1 of 6

Slow FTTC and disconnections every 25 minutes for last three weeks

I have read a number of posts about similar issues. WHat I cannot find is how to resolve mine.

I used to get 38Mbps download, but now see no more than 1.7Mbps

My BT Smarthub shows the following

rsz_draytek_brora_router_stats.jpg

The router is rebooting/reconnecting every 15-25 minutes. I could not deduce what was going on - so temporarily I plugged in a Draytek 2960 router to get some more stats. This rendered the following errors at the far end:

rsz_1draytek_brora_router_stats.jpg

From this I can tell that my circuit should be able to support 40Mbps (I am really close to the cabinet) and have sustained 38Mbps for some time until recently.

But for some reason the router cannot sync at more than 2Mbps (the exchange I suspect is rate adapting to accomodate the errors)

Even with a manual reboot or replacement of the router, the errors don't seem to clear at the exchange - they seem to persist.

Can anyone tell me how I get BT to do something to reset or clear things?

Or is there something else obviously wrong. I have done a 17070 line test and it is clear. I have done a BTW speedtest and it shows this:

rsz_bt_speedtest_brora.jpg

Which sows my IP Profile is 20Mbps for some reason.

And I have done a cabinet test and it show this:

rsz_screenshot_2019-10-08_120027.png

In summary - I should be getting 35Mbps - the router is seeing far end errors (which I am assuming is at exchange downstream to User) and I cannot get BT to clear whatever is limiting. It is completely unusable with a router disconnect every 25 minutes, 24 hours a day.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Slow FTTC and disconnections every 25 minutes for last three weeks

are you suing a BT hub as the stats are not presented in what you would expect from a residential hub

check quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone from test socket with filter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 6

@imjolly Both router images are from the Draytek, perhaps in error.

The OP has done a QLT and reports no noise.

0 Ratings
kmeanderson
Message 4 of 6

It is a BT Business Smarthub 6 - it is not a home hub.

The service is connected to a block of holiday apartments, all sharing the one broadband conenction. I am guessing that's why it is a Business connection - the belief was that a business grade service would be more reliable!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@kmeanderson 

Then you will need to post on the BT Business forum, as no investigation can be carried out via this residential forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
kmeanderson
Message 6 of 6

OK thanks - I shall repost. Appreciate the prompt response.

0 Ratings