cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jandj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Slow Fibre broadband in Wrexham at peak times

We are connected to Grosvenor Rd Exchange Office in Wrexham, and for the past few weeks the speed of the fibre broadband has been slowing down at peak times. We are connected to Cab6. I am wondering if anyone else noticed this in our area. I was told by BT Customer Support in Newcastle that there will be a new piece of equipment installed in the Exchange on the 7th of October. Daytime speed max steady 65Mbps after 7pm speed is around 7-8Mbps. I will require refund me thinks.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Slow Fibre broadband in Wrexham at peak times

Hi @jandj,

I'm sorry your experiencing a slowdown during peak times. When you notice the slowdown, please could you run the BT Speed tester using the link http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/.This we give us an indication of how your connection is preforming over the BT Network.

You'll need to complete that test using a wired connection. Once the first test complete, please run the "Further Diagnostics". 

When you have run that test, please post back the results.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
jandj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Hello,

This is few days old but it gives you an idea what we have to put up with until the 7th October (hopefully).2016-09-03.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 17

I'm on Wrexham north exchange cab 24, I also get fluctuating speeds and dropouts .

0 Ratings
jandj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Thank you very much for your answer. Lets see what happens on the 7th of October when the new piece of equipment will be installed in the exchange to increase the bandwidth.
0 Ratings
hazelst3
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

The 7th October.......2016 or 2017 or later? Meanwhile we continue paying for the full service, 

0 Ratings
jandj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Yeah ha ha. Spot on. No seriously it should be installed 7/10/2016. Another friend of ours lives in Caxton Place - stone's throw from the Exchange office and he has same problem.
0 Ratings
hazelst3
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Hi jandj,

why can't BT tell customers the truth instead of everything but?

I think customers would appreciate there honesty, but they just string customers along pretending there are no issues, when clearly there are. Is there a website were we can find such information or do we just keep our fingers crossed?

0 Ratings
jandj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

I managed to dig out email for the C.E.O. of BT and wrote him about my problem. Few days later i got email from BT's Customer Complaints department in Newcastle. If are interested i can give you their email if you email me you email - we are apparently not allowed to post this on this forum.
0 Ratings
jandj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

I think of they would tell people how things really are in BT and how they really run things nobody would touch them. I was once told that apparently there's only one guy for the whole of North Wales who deals with Exchange Offices (upgrades, repairs etc)!
0 Ratings