cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gazzap45
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Slow Fibre

Ok, this has been going on for a while now can some one please take a look at my connection?

I am on superfast fibre unlimited 2

Connected at test socket stats are:

DSL synchronization status: Up
Connection status: Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 19998
Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 34998
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 20166
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 70620
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB): 6
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB): 13.6
Upstream interleave depth: 0
Downstream interleave depth: 0
Line standard: VDSL
Upstream line attenuation (dB): 23.5
Downstream line attenuation (dB): 11.5
Upstream output power (dBm): 6.8
Downstream output power (dBm): 12.7
Channel type: None
DSL up-time: 7 days 13 hours 29 minutes 35 seconds

dsl checker.JPGBB Speed.JPG 
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Slow Fibre

Do you have a dial tone?

Have you tried a quiet line test (best with corded phone)? 17070 option 2.

Have to connected to the test socket with filter to see if that improves your connection?.

0 Ratings
Gazzap45
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

The one thing I forgot to mention, quiet line test done,no pops, crackles or anything else and is conneted to test socket with filter.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

That's 2 things actually.

As your connection rate is below the handback ring in and get an engineer out.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@Gazzap45 if you need any help with this please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

your current connection time appears to be 7days but have you previously been having conenction problems with router dropping connection or manually resetting router to try and improve speed or maybe both?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Gazzap45
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

It re synced at that time, went up to 50 odd but didnt hold it. Did have a delivery driver break the cable from the pole to the house, that is when I started looking at speeds, must admit can not remember what sync speed I was getting before that. Oh and have been leaving the router to do its own thing, don't want to mess with it because of the fear of DLM.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

from stats looks like the DLM has already taken action following the problems with the line

take up mod offer of help and complete form  best way to get speed back within estimated range

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Gazzap45
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Contatcted
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Gazzap45

Tried calling today sorry I missed you, speeds look to have greatly improved since we last spoke, how have you found the connection performance over the weekend?

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings