cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Autograph
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Slow Infinity 1 speeds. Request for FTTP?

Go to solution
I have been a new BT customer, switching to Infinity 1. The download speed isn't what I expected or provided as estimates. I was estimated about 27-34mb (Cannot remember exact, but similar to this). Upload is 9mb, which has stayed true. On Speed test.net on a wired connection I get about 19 mb download and 8 upload. Also, when running the BT Speed test I get 22 download and 8 upload. So kind of disappointed with the download. So is there a way I can request for FTTP, currently I'm on FTTC. Do I've been reading I have no idea how it works, but what I know is FTTP is considerably faster, and reliable. I also know that the engineer comes and installs something. Does BT allow this? Since I am not really getting good speeds which I should be getting. Also finally, running the BT diagnostic thingy fails.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slow Infinity 1 speeds. Request for FTTP?

Go to solution

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html. Does this show FTTP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Autograph
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Doesn't say anything about FTTP.
However when reading the note it says:
Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

WBC FTTP?
So can BT do FTTP?
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Autograph,

WBC means Wholesale Broadband Connect, basically it's a BT Wholesale service.

If there is no WBC FTTP or FTTPoD (FTTP on Demand) in the BT Wholesale database then I'm afraid you can't request for FTTP as the infrastructure is not there.

What the statement "If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service." In your case is that if you're getting WBC FTTC (which you have already) then a Openreach engineer visit may be required to install the product/service.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Autograph
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
I'd consider your right. Thanks anyways.
0 Ratings