cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Slow Infinity 1

I've had a steady download and upload speeds of 40/6 Mb since 2014, except for last year when they dropped to 30/2 for 4 months, about the same time as I downgraded to Infinity 1 and bought a HH6 if I remember correctly. The speeds eventually came back up but now they've dropped off again, 28.9/2.4. What's complicating the problem is that since I bought a set of Sonos One speakers my HH6 started re-booting at least once a day. It got so bad that I couldn't complete the BT speed check. Googling indicates there is a problem with the HH6 and Sonos but I can't find any solutions. So I've reverted back to my old HH3 which, since I plugged it in, has stayed connected for just over 10 days. I thought the speeds would come back up after 10 days but they haven't.  I ran another BT speed check and it says there's a fault and to re-start both the router and modem. I've done this in the past and it didn't change anything. Would you advise re-booting or wait a bit longer for the speeds to come back up?

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 13.12.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slow Infinity 1

unfortunately unless you have unlocked the modem all the meaningful stats sre held by the modem and not the HH3

the fewer resets the better as stability is the main thing you should be trying to achieve

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the quick reply. How do I unlock the modem?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

this will help   https://kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612hacking.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thank you very much for that, I'll have a go.

0 Ratings