cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidW123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Slow Infinity relative to neighbours

Before we decided to try infinity we checked our possible speed and were given the figures 44Mbps clean/37Mbps impacted. When Infinity was first connected the figure we got was 29Mbps (just about OK) but this fell progressively over a week to less than 20Mbps (unacceptable compared to ADSL).

What's even more disappointing is when I run the DSL checker (https://www.dslchecker.bt.com) for the house next door and the house opposite on their phone numbers, they return a clean rate of 44.5 Mbps and an impacted rate of 37.8 Mbps.

These houses are no more than 30m away from mine so I believe the problem is to do with how the line enters my house (a different path than my neighbours) and from research I believe only Openreach can fix this. I have been round in circles many times with BT customer support and they only end up coming back to their script of "I can see you want to increase your broadband speed" does anyone have any advice on how I get through to someone at BT who can put my request to Openreach?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slow Infinity relative to neighbours

Post the dslchecker results and also stats from your hub if hh5. Go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DavidW123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Below are the stats from my home phone number, with the last 3 digits obscured.

home_dsl_checker.png

These are the stats from my neighbour. As I mentioned in the first post, the houses are extremely close together, but the phone line takes a different route to enter my property. I can only assume this is the reason for the difference

neighbour_dsl_checker.png

The stats from the HH5 are in line with the numbers in the top image. This is not an issue with HH5 performance, it has been replaced as part of this saga. So I am confident the issue relates the route the line takes to enter my property. Hence this would with Openreach to resolve. Either through changing the route of the line (new line?) or fixing the issue impacting the existing line to my property.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Can uou posts stats from your hub or do you not have a hh5?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
DavidW123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

These are the stats from the Home Hub 5.

Our connection of 17Mbps is a tad under the maximum connection rate of 21Mbps, so all seem find with the HH5.

The issue is that our neighbours get a maximum connection rate of 40+ Mbps and we do not. Therefore I believe this to be an issue with our line and the route it takes to enter our house.

Hence the need for Openreach contact or support

HH5.png

0 Ratings