cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kendjin
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Slow Internet at Peak times

So a few months back, I had issues with my internet speed dropping from 72Mbit down to 20Mbit or less after 6pm every evening.

I had an engineer out and after some tests, confirmed there was no issues with the line and went back to the exchange and put a request to get my connection moved on the trunk network. (This resolved the issue and got my speed back 24/7 😄 )

Last week I noticed that the issue was back and am unsure how to get this issue resolved.

I have included some images of a test I just done and I hope someone can help me out, as it is limiting my ability to use my internet in the evening.

Thank you for your time.

Tests were run on Wired Ethernet and using only 1 machine on network. To eliminate issues.

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 9

Re: Slow Internet at Peak times

Hi @Kendjin

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband speed in the evenings.  This sounds like a potential congestion issue.

What exchange are you connected to and I'll check for any known issues? You can find out here: BT Broadband availability checker (Just remember to remove your phone number before posting back).

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Kendjin
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number on Exchange WAVERLEY is served by Cabinet 73

Also put second screenshot in original post in case we need more details from the site 🙂

Thank you
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Kendjin

Thanks for posting back and providing that info.

I can see that there is a potential issue with one of the SVLAN's running off Waverley but without your details I'm not sure if that's the one you are connected to.

Can you send us over your details so that we can check and get back to you?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Kendjin
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Sent the details over.

Thank you for your help RobbieMac 🙂
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 9

Great @Kendjin

When you reach the top of our email queue one of the guys will be in touch.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Kendjin,

Thank you for sending your details. I've ran a few checks and there is a capacity issue at your exchange. I've reported this through to  BT Wholesale. I should have an update for you in the next 48 hours. As soon as I have an update, I'll get back in touch.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Kendjin
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Appreciate all the help you guys are giving me 🙂
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Kendjin,

Thank you for taking my call today. I've spoke to BT wholesale and they are aware of a capacity issue at your exchange. Unfortunately additional equipment is needed and this has delayed things. They hope to have the equipment in placed by the 18th of May.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings