Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarlosFinest
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Slow Peak time speed (7 weeks ongoing) Info

Go to solution

Just adding to the list and posting my stats as this has become beyond a joke now. Our money is being thrown away for this poor service (BT Infinity 2). Not getting anywhere with phone or online, live help.  Faults just get closed or you're unable to apply "not fixed" option as it keeps resetting and not allowing you to proceed. Done all the usual tests etc.

Prime time (4pm-12am) every day since end of August 2016 (NEDL, Darlington Exchange)

joke2.jpgjoke1.jpg

Outside of prime time (through the night/early day time)

correct.jpg

correct2.jpg

Some more info, I personally think my Hub stats and IP profile have been wrecked since this started happening.

hub.jpg

info4.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Mike

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow Peak time speed (7 weeks ongoing) Info

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@DarlosFinest I'm really sorry about your broadband speed issues, I can see there is a reported congestion problem in Darlington with an estimated fix date of the 30/10/16.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
pickleviper
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I have also been having this problem for well over a month now. I have about 50mb download during the day, but in the evening when I need the speed to be quick it drops a lot, usually below 10mbs and often to 6mbs or below. It seems to be getting worse; I play games online (all wired connections) and have recently started getting low-speed message icons while gamng in the evening, and downloading games and updates that used to take 10-20 minutes can now takes hours. At around midnight the speed will go back up to around 50mbs. I have done some reading in the forums, and it is obviously because of peak times, and the exchange not being able to handle it.

I live in Stone Cross, East Sussex, and my exchange is PEVENSEY. Also, I am on Cabinet 31. Would it be possible for you to check and let me know if there is any work planned on this exchange to fix these extremely low speeds in the evenings? If not, please could this work be requested? I have seen on other threads that this has fixed the problem for a lot of other people, and there must be many other people locally that are having the same difficulties.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @pickleviper,

I've checked the exchange and can't see any VLAN issues, planned works or recent network outages.

Have you reported a fault?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
pickleviper
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Since posting this I have been in contact with someone on the help desk and I have a callback scheduled for tomorrow evening, thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

You are very welcome @pickleviper.

Hopefully everything will be resolved for you soon. Feel free to come back if you need us.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings