Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richarpcash
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Slow Upload Speed

Go to solution

I currently have Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited.  My download speed averages around 20MB but my upload speed never gets above 1.5MB, and often below 1MB.

www.dslchecker.bt.com states that I should get between 7.7 and 5.5 on a clean line and 7.1 and 3.6 on an Impacted line.

Does anyone know if BT ever cap this.  I heard once from an OpenReach engineer that it can be capped to help improve download speed, but I don't know if this is true or not.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Slow Upload Speed

Go to solution

can you post the stats from your hub

can you post the full results from dslchecker

your up speed is not sacrificed for your down speed - sounds like a connection problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
richarpcash
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi imjolly,

Please see attached screenshots of my hub info and dslchecker results.

Many thanks,

Phil2018-10-03_08h39_57.pnghub info2018-10-03_08h41_55.pngdslchecker.bt.com

0 Ratings
richarpcash
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

More detailed hub infoBT.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

up speed well below expected range  see if mods can help  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
richarpcash
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for your help imjolly. I'll wait and see if any mods jump on the thread.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @richarpcash Sorry that you are not getting near the upload speed you would expect to achieve.

We will be happy to what we can do to improve this for you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@richarpcash Thanks for speaking with me today, I'm glad the engineer managed to get the problem with your connection resolved Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
richarpcash
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO for all your help.

If anyone comes across this post, the issue was found to be on the line coming into the building.  It was replaced and the speed (down and up) increased to expected levels.

Thanks to all who assisted.

0 Ratings