cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuartmorley
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Slow Upload Speeds

Hi, I have 3 broadband lines from BT (We work from home) Last year they were upgraded as we now had an improved exchange and FTTC. Our 3 lines which were 1-2 mb were supposed to be upgraded to 22MB.

The lines actually provide 6mb, 9mb and 8mb so they are so much better than before but the upload is only 0.1mb per line or sometimes 0.2mb so Voip doesn't work.

Any ideas how we can get faster upload as I beleibve we should be getting 0.6 at least.

Many Thanks

Stuart

Our Exchange shows as:

ADSL status: ADSL Max status: SDSL status: 21CN WBC status: FTTC status: FTTP status:

Enabled as of 27/08/2003
Enabled as of 31/03/2006
Not available
Enabled
Available in some areas
Not available

p.s. Our Cabinet which is shown as FTTC (via http://www.hampshiresuperfastbroadband.com/about-the-project/live-cabinets/) shows as (0.5mile away)

So far, 414 cabinets across Hampshire have been enabled through Hampshire's Superfast Broadband Programme. Please see below a list of all live cabinets and approximate areas that they serve. Clicking on the cabinet name will bring up a map showing the approximate location of the cabinet.  - See more at: http://www.hampshiresuperfastbroadband.com/about-the-project/live-cabinets/#sthash.EksOP64Z.dpuf

HighLowHighLow        

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

O

VDSL Range A (Clean)18.912.81.20.8--Available----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)155.21.20.6--Available----
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2--1 to 3.5Available--Yes
ADSL MaxUp to 1.5--1 to 2.5Available----
WBC Fixed Rate0.5 ----Available--Yes
Fixed Rate0.5 ----Available----
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow Upload Speeds

Are you a business user, as you have three lines?

0 Ratings
stuartmorley
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I have one line which is resedential (I work from home) and the other two are business.

Kind Regards

Stuart

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

BT do not guarantee upload speeds I am afraid
0 Ratings
stuartmorley
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

A bit like the download speed then 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

download speeds will always vary due to general internet activity that is why connection speeds are used not downloads
0 Ratings
stuartmorley
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Had the BT Sales rep out so we could sign up to Ethernet First Mile. FTTC is 400metres away but Ethernet First Mile at £235 pcm is not available. Other option is £7500 pcm for 10up / 10down.

This is because the nearest connection is 6km away (even though FTTC is 400 metres away).

Decided on a 4G EE Home Broadband at 18MB down 12mb up for £44 pcm for 50GB. As saving of almost £600pcm

We work from home so a decent Broadband connection is key.

Anyone else any long term experience with this?

Cheers

Stu

0 Ratings