Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBart80
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Slow Upload speed Infinity 1

Go to solution

We have BT Infinty 1 which we have had for a number of years and recently recontracted. In the email cofirmation we received it estimated our download speed would be between 32-44Mbps with a mimimum guaranteed speed of 28Mbps. Our upload speed was estimated to be between 5.6-8.3Mbps. 

I have been performing speed tests and regularly get the same results of around 31-32Mbps down and 3.3-3.5Mbps up. In the past we used to get around 36Mbps down and 5Mbps down. It is the upload that is of most concern and I was wondering if anyone can help or if the current speeds are what we should be getting. 

Below are the results from BT Availablilty checker, my SmartHub stats and speed test. I have also performed the quiet line test and the line is quiet.

BT Forum 01.jpg

BT Forum 02.png

BT Forum 03.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: Slow Upload speed Infinity 1

Go to solution

@KBart80 I'm sorry about the delay replying, from looking at the router stats there's not much room for improvement on the upload speed but the download seems low compared to the maximum data rate.  I noticed the DSL uptime was only 5 mins was that due to a reset or did your connection drop?

0 Ratings
KBart80
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@NeilO Thank you for the reply. I tried the connection using the test socket that was the reason for the DSL uptime. As I stated the connection speeds used to be slightly higher but the download speed has always been lower than the maximum data rate. The main reason for bringing it up was I attempted to use the share play function on my PS4 and it requires an uplaod speed above 5Mbps. 

Not to worry if nothing can be done, I just thought I would ask.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@KBart80 Oh I see, I wanted to make sure that your connection wasn't dropping on its own as that will result in speed issues.  We're quite busy at the moment so it will take us a few days to get back to you, but if you send over your details we'll be happy to run some tests from our side to see if any improvements can be made.

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
KBart80
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for taking the time to look at our connection. At least we can be sure that we are getting the best that we can at the moment.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@KBart80 wrote:

At least we can be sure that we are getting the best that we can at the moment.

Whichever mod picks up your case will make sure that is the case.

0 Ratings