cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sammiejo23
Message 1 of 3

Slow and no connection

Hi

Can anyone help me please. Our internet keeps being either incredibly slow or non existent, I've a new laptop and it just stops working and says no connection if it even connects at all. We have other devices too in the house but last night they weren't all being used and I still couldn't get on and my daughter said how slow it was too. I've reset the black box and the white one but it makes no odds.

Someone auggested trying here before I make that painful phone call to BT.

Sick of paying for something we're not getting 😕

Thanks in advance xx
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Slow and no connection

First check your phone line to see if it is working, as the broadband needs a working phone line to work properly/

Then

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a Home Hub 5, please display the full connection statistics including noise margins, by following the instructions on this page.

Check your connection speed for the Home Hub 5

Could you please post the results from the BT Speedtester, including the further diagnostics.

BT Wholesale Speedtester

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Slow and no connection

Hi @Sammiejo23 and welcome.

Are you able to connect on any other device? Is the problem wired or wireless? If it's wireless take a look at Help with wireless (wi-fi) problems. Post the results @Keith_Beddoe has asked for and we'll try to help you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings