cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 11 of 25

Re: Slow broadband 45Mbs on BT Infinity 2

I was on webchat on monday they booked me an engineer for tuesday they then canceled the engineer said the fault was fixed yestertday.

I have just been on web chat just now they was going to book me an engineer then said the fault would be fixed within 48 hours, If this is not fixed soon ill be switching back to virginmedia fiber.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 25

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

The people on webchat seem to want to keep delaying the visit.

You would face cancellation charges if you cancel, without allowing BT to fix the problem for free.

As explained on my website link.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 25

if you moved from virgin is it a new openreach line you had installed or did you have existing openreach phone sockets?

have tyou tried using the master socket or better using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves the connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 14 of 25

if you moved from virgin is it a new openreach line you had installed or did you have existing openreach phone sockets?

I have both but virgin have there own docsis 3 fiber lines.

have tyou tried using the master socket or better using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves the connection?

Yeah tried master socket with a filter and tried the pull off filter i have a master socket 5c mk4 so comes with one.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Hi @imzrex

Welcome to the community and thanks for your posts!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband speed.  From what you've posted, the speed is falling short of your estimate.  To rule out any internal issues, try this: Test for faults with a line box or BT Infinity socket

When the service is in sync in the test socket, post your Hub stats again so that we can compare the two and see if there is any improvement.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 16 of 25

The whole point of me switching to BT from VirginMedia was because of the router and latancy for Gaming.

VirginMedia have router problems when it comes to gaming the superhub 3 routers are bugged with problems reason why i switch until they are fixed they have had problems for over a year now.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 17 of 25

Ill try this now Robbie Thanks

It maybe for the best lets hope.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 18 of 25

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi @imzrex

Welcome to the community and thanks for your posts!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband speed.  From what you've posted, the speed is falling short of your estimate.  To rule out any internal issues, try this: Test for faults with a line box or BT Infinity socket

When the service is in sync in the test socket, post your Hub stats again so that we can compare the two and see if there is any improvement.

Cheers,

Robbie

Same speeds with just a filter and connected to the master socket

2nd.pngroute 2.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 25

can you post the full stats from advanced settings then technical log then admin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 20 of 25

route 2.png

0 Ratings