cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Slow broadband in evenings

Hi All

Can someone please help me possibly raise a case to wholesale to check for exchange congestion?

I have FTTC. My bb speeds are around 70-80Mbps during the day and have started to drop to around 20-40Mbps in the evening. 

The line is testing ok. No noise on quiet line test and tested both in SSFP and filter in the test socket. 

I have ran wholesale speed tests in the day and the evenings and uploaded results. This was tested on my laptop using a wired connection. I'm about 30m away from the cab which is a copper connection. 

Hope someone can help 

Thanks

Gareth

btw_test2.PNG

btw_test1.PNG

bac1.PNG

  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow broadband in evenings

I have asked mods to check your exchange and cab for possible congestion.  They will post back here but are busy so could be a few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Hi @talbius,

We'll check into this to see if our suppliers are showing any congestion.

I'll drop you a private message so we can pick it up for you

Thanks

DanielS

Message 4 of 7

Thanks DanielS, will do that now 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Line tested with only hardwired laptop connected, all other cables and wifi devices disconnected. Results attached.

Cheers

st2.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi all

Any update on this please? My line is testing 8mb download speed on the lan this evening, really frustrating. 

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Did you reply to the mod PM?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings