cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Slow broadband in evenings

My broadband is now down to ADSL speeds in the evening.  I ran through everything in an online chat inwhich it was agrred it was far too slow. Shortly after, the speed picked up to 60+. It was good all day until this evening and now its down to 8 or less. What is going on?  I cancelled an engineer visit because it was so good today but I'm wondering if the cabinet just can't cooe with high demand. In any case it's unacceptable and breach of contractbb

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Slow broadband intermittently but mainly in evenings

My broadband is now down to ADSL speeds in the evening.  I ran through everything in an online chat inwhich it was agrred it was far too slow. Shortly after, the speed picked up to 60+. It was good all day until this evening and now its down to 8 or less. What is going on?  I cancelled an engineer visit because it was so good today but I'm wondering if the cabinet just can't cooe with high demand. In any case it's unacceptable and breach of contractbb

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Re: Slow broadband intermittently but mainly in evenings

can you post stats from your hub

can your run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired conenction  http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

which exchnage and cab number are you on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Id love to but i cant connect by cable. Speedtester doesnt run for some reason

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Hi @SoftMick,

Do you know what exchange you are connected to and I'll get for any known issues?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

You need to be able to run btspeedtester with Ethernet connection as BT don't guarantee speed when using wireless conenction as it is open to interference which would cause low speed and outwith BT control

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

The exchange is Tetbury... I'm .54 miles from it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Hi @SoftMick,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I've had a look and there aren't any open issues reported for Tetbury.

I can take a look at this in more detail. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings