Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewLBuck123
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Slow broadband speed

Hi All,

My first post as a newbie, reported to BT that I have very slow Infity 2 speed circa 2Mbs. BT engineer called today to investigate, found a problem with line from external connection box to the main socked inside house. Engineer replaced with new cable and a new main box.

Speed check at the external box was 29.87 and 30.56 Mbs, speed at the main box inside house almost identical to within a few Mbs. On switching on laptop and checking speed using BT wholesale speed checker we got speeds of 15.5 and 15.3Mbs? engineer at a loss to why we were loosing almost 50% line speed from the main socked to the router on a cable length  of under 1M. Cable from main box to router is standard flat wire RJ11 to RJ45 supplied by BT with home hub 6 router.

Anyone else have experience of this type of line speed loss or have any ideas how to get back the lost 15Mbs.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow broadband speed

Post stats from hh6 advanced settings then technical log information 

run btspeedtester diagnostic test and post results. Must be done with wired connection not wireless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AndrewLBuck123
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

See below results from BT Speed checker:

Download 10.51Mbs

Upload 2.23Mbs

Latency 69ms

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Can you post full diagnostic resulted please not just first test

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AndrewLBuck123
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Sorry but that is the only infor I got from the BT speed checker, what other tests results should I be able to see.

Thanks for your patience,

Andy

0 Ratings
AndrewLBuck123
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Well just rerun the speed checker and tried to run the further tests, however I get a message the 'site is not secure' ?? and stops and will not run the further tests. So it would seem I am stumped and unable to gather the info you are asking for.

Not sure how to go forward from here.

Regards,

Andy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

did you try using a different browser?

can you post the hub stats

0 Ratings