cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Slow broadband speed

Go to solution

Hi.Why on the Openreach website shows me the internet speed up to 80 Mbps and you can only offer me the maximum normal available download speed will be between 19-29 Mbps
Your normal available upload speed will be between 4-6 Mbps

openreach.jpg

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Slow broadband speed

Go to solution

@arekcz 

Hi there

It's all to do with the distance you are from the fibre cabinet and how direct the copper cabling is between your property & the cabinet. Sometimes it can take a quite roundabout route.

In my case I'm about 400m so only get approx 50/10.

Also we here are users , although there are a few BT employees who moderate the site and frequently provide outstanding service resolving users problems.

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

that does not say you will get 80mb connection but that 80mb is available but only if your line supports that speed

enter your phone number if BT customer or failing that address and post results  see what is available

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

BT Speed.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@arekcz 

So I assume you are already an existing BT Broadband customer, as it shows a download speed  of 29 Mbs on 13th August?

This is within the expected range for your line.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Slow broadband

Go to solution

Hi.Why on the Openreach website shows me the internet speed up to 80 Mbps and you can only offer me the maximum normal available download speed will be between 19-29 Mbps

openreach.jpgBT Speed.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Re: Slow broadband

Go to solution

See https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Slow-broadband-speed/m-p/2179434#M329423

That is the answer, The Openreach website is not an accurate guide.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@arekczwrote:

openreach.jpgBT Speed.jpg

In fairness, it does say "up to 80 Mbps" and also gives you a note "Your speed will depend on things like how close you are to the cabinet. Your broadband provider will tell you what speed you can expect to receive when you place an order."

Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
So there's no chance of higher internet speed on my street. Not good.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Unless openreach decide to install FTTP in your area you are getting as good as you can get

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.