cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Slow broadband speeds following line fault

As I said, Openreach will not do a reset without there being a specific fault on your own line. It is not BT's fault that Openreach won't do a reset, it would be the same for any ISP.

If you do change providers your line will have DLM reset, or rather you will be in the "10 day" training period which ever ISP you go with but you will not get any more speed than your line is capable of.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 12 of 15

Looking at your stats ... and your comments re- the damage to lines, you may have some redress to get some special attention. Reason? I don't like these much. SNR Margin(dB) 10.8 14.8 Line Attenuation(dB) 102.3 33.7 I wonder about that damage and "replaced" line. 102.3db loop loss .... really?
0 Ratings
Mac_71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

DLM has relented and I am now getting 6mbps download. Am I likely to see any further speed increase? (Downstream Max Rate is reporting 8474kbps)

DSL
Line Status:
DSL Modulation Type:
Annex Type:

Upstream
Downstream
Current Rate(kbps)
Max Rate(kbps)
SNR Margin(dB)
Line Attenuation(dB)
Errors(pkts)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

It is possible, there is still some room for improvement given you max data rate and noise margin.

0 Ratings
Mac_71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

Thanks. Today the Download Max rate has increased a bit, as well as the SNR margin. When you say that there is room for improvement given the max data rate and noise margin, how do you interpret the results? What are the optimum settings that my router/line would be trying to achieve?

DSL
Line Status:
DSL Modulation Type:
Annex Type:

Upstream
Downstream
Current Rate(kbps)
Max Rate(kbps)
SNR Margin(dB)
Line Attenuation(dB)
Errors(pkts)

0 Ratings