cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Slow broadband

Can anyone help

Why has bt suddenly slowed my broadband I was getting 14-24 mbs now only getting 2-7mbs iam out of contract so went too renew but even on fiber upgrade it says on renew 5-7mbs available why when I was getting more have they suddenly dropped it even on fiber upgrade  it's the same slow speed it's a joke

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow broadband

@Parkinads 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

To see what speed you should be getting, enter your phone number into this form and display the results here, but edit out your phone number before you post the results.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Screenshot_20210509-142724.png

 hiya thanks for your response I do have noise always have bt been out loads but says fixed but never have i am lost as what too do I think because of costs they won't fix last bit of copper too fiber box 

•  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Screenshot_20210509-143918.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Your speed is way below what is expected.

Did you report the noisy phone line as a phone fault? Its the noisy line which is causing your low speed.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Yer they been out 3 times in last year but works for a week or 2 then goes again 

•  

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Parkinads 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the slow broadband speeds and for the time this is taking to resolve.  I understand engineers have been out and haven't been able to repair the fault.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings