cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Slow broadband

Master Socket 5c, which is as master socket with a single socket. I have a micro filter plugged in to that. Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

sometimes with that socket the front does not clip back in place correctly giving a connection problem hence which suggestion is to try test socket with the filter and if possible leave it there to see if that now stabilises your connection

however if you has faceplate off and have now clipped it back in place maybe that is enough to stabilise connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

I have tried removing the plate and left it overnight however if hasn't improved. Wireless connections, even if i'm stood next to the router are getting me less than 2mbps. Wired is 8mbps. I have reattached the plate now and still no change.

Is there any further suggestion please? Do I need to contact BT and if so do we know the issue?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

no matter how you connect the hub whether to test socket or faceplate with filter you are not going to get any speed improvement until you can get a stable connection for few weeks maybe even longer.  you need to leave it connected but if using faceplate and filter and continues to drop connection then maybe try test socket with filter and leave it and see if that improves stability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

I'm sorry waiting a few weeks isn't acceptable when we are unable to work effectively. I appreciate your help but that can't be all I can do.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

you can phone 151 and report a fault but unless you can get a stable connection without drops/resets then you are not going to get any improvement

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 17 of 17

Hi swindontown,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your connection. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so we can take a look into this for you.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings