Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flycop2000
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Slow download Speed

Hi,

I had the electricity switched off in my house a few times at the beginning of December last year to carryout DIY.

My download speed was 53Mbps but since then its only been 42Mbps, its never returned to the previous. When I use the BT performance checker it now states my line can only handle 44Mbps.

How long does it take the download speed to go back up?

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number ****************on Exchange GALASHIELS is served by Cabinet 13

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperObserved SpeedsVDSLOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
VDSL Range A (Clean)76.1552016.349Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)7450.52014.644Available---- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 4.5--3 to 7Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 4.5Up to 0.53 to 7Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 4.5--3.5 to 5.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate1 ----Available---- 
Fixed Rate1 ----Available---- 
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)45.99     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)19.99     
Observed Date2018-12-15     
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date07-01-2019

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow download Speed

Could you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

Also run a speed test HERE , when the first test completes scroll down and click on Further Diagnostics. Post a screenshot of that rresult.

0 Ratings
flycop2000
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

I'm using the HH3 still with BT modem. I have just carried out a silent line test although this was from an extension and could hear a very feint two tone bleep sound every few seconds!

Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 43.24 Mbps

0 Mbps44.87 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 43.24 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-44.87 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 44.87 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 14.96 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 14.96Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 7

Try the quiet line test at the test socket with filter. The line should be silent between the announcements. Also make sure the extentions don't work when connected to the test socket.

0 Ratings
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

@flycop2000wrote:

Hi,

I'm using the HH3 still with BT modem. I have just carried out a silent line test although this was from an extension and could hear a very feint two tone bleep sound every few seconds!

You should not be hearing anything so you may have a possible line fault - have you tried the quiet line test from your test socket to rule out a problem with internal wiring/extensions?

0 Ratings
flycop2000
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I will test using the master test socket when I get hom from work tomorrow 😎
0 Ratings
flycop2000
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I have done the line test at the master socket and all is well, no noise what so ever.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I have a dedecated Cat6A cable connecting my modem which is next to the master socket to my HH3. My connection has always been very stable, I cannot recall ever having any drop outs with my connection.

I have had a few external line problems in the past year which were created by Openreach themselves !!!

0 Ratings