cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Slow download speed compared to sync speed on Fibre 2

Go to solution

Looking for help, my router is showing a data rate of 15.307 Mbps / 62.153 Mbps and a maximum data rate of 15.307 Mbps / 63.490 Mbps but the download speed checker is only giving me 14.13 Mbps / 55.12 Mbps. Is it possible there is an issue with my profile or something as it looks to me that I should be getting faster downloads? How do I getthis looked at?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Slow download speed compared to sync speed on Fibre 2

Go to solution

On a connection speed of 62mb  after allowing for line overheads a download speed of55mb is about right   was that check done using btspeedtester over ethernet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Yes it was

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

There is no problem with your connection. The sync speed shows the "raw" speed of your connection, it does  include (as @imjolly  has stated) the necessary overheads  (data packets) that are required for your device to be able to communicate with the internet. A speed test will show your connection speed but not include those data packets that are necessary. That is why to see a difference between sync speed and speed checker results.