cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Slow download speed

Openreach were recently working on the overhead lines near me and since then my d/l speed has dropped to 4 - 5  Meg from it's usual 14 Meg (fttc). Router is syncing at 22 Meg see attached. Can anyone help please?Screenshot_20210925-060428_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow download speed

I should add I did the quiet line test which seems fine.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@mike101

You're actually syncing at 16meg , 22 is the max possible but you'll never get that, nobody does.

With that sync speed you should be seeing your 14meg but it depends on time of day and the speed test server you're using.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks, yes 14 Meg is what I normally get and has been rock solid but since yesterday it's been 4- 5 Meg regardless of time or test server.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

OK, put original HH5 back on and speed back up to 15 Meg so something with my tp link router.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@mike101 

but as @TimCurtis posted your tplink was showing a connection speed of 16.7mb not 4/5mb as you posted and better than current 15mb on hh5

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I know, but actual download speed tests were stuck down at 4 - 5 Meg, several tests over time from different servers. Meanwhile Netflix etc were buffering. But all good now.

0 Ratings